Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Jeremiah Swisher Hello to whom autism inspires you a lot.

Hello to whom autism inspires you a lot.

My name is Jeremiah Swisher and I have high functioning autism who is currently 20 years old college student. When I was 2 years and 10 months old I was diagnosed with autism. I never let the idea that I couldn’t talk, bring my determination down. It took a lot of will from myself, therapy, teachers, and my parents to become the very best that I could be.

I went through a lot of schools because my mom wanted me to have the best education and through my accomplishments I was able to change my life style from all special ed classes to all regular ed classes within a few years and then jump to getting a college education eventually. Throughout the process, whenever I had a pattern or routine or struggles. I’ve learned how to break my patterns and routines while working on my struggles to make them my strong points.

Overall I love helping out people with disabilities, especially with people with autism. I tend to love to be a motivational speaker, especially at conferences since I just love talking and can’t seem to stop talking. I’ve have a lot of speaking experiences when I did policy debate/forensics in high school for two years. It also taught me how to be more of an open minded person. Throughout my life I have spoken at a few places such as Autism Society in Wisconsin and in a classroom about my life in having autism. In return I’ve gotten very high ratings.

So if you would want to book me at your next local, state, or national conference please let me know and I’d love to help out depending on when the conference/speaking engagement would be since I’m a highly dedicated student to be taking a lot of summer school at my college. However next year it’s still up in the air for next summer whether I take summer school or not. If I don’t take summer school then I want my schedule to be booked with traveling to help out all autistic s and people with disabilities around the United States and hopefully the entire world to give advice to make one persons life a difference.

Have yourselves a great day and you all are a true inspiration to me and I can be contacted at jeremiahswisher@gmail.com

Sincerely,

Jeremiah (Himself)

No comments:

Post a Comment